Terasaki Life Sciences Building, TLSB Conference Room Policies and Guidelines
UCLA Life Sciences South Administration
Terasaki Life Sciences Building Conference / Scholarly Activity Room Policies
The Terasaki Life Sciences Building is not a conference facility. Use of our conference and scholarly activity rooms, as well as the provided equipment is a courtesy to faculty and administrative groups affiliated with the Life Sciences South Administration Department. There is no maintenance staff available during business hours to maintain these areas.
Room reservations are administered by: Sheena Sanchez
UCLA Life Sciences South Administration Chairs’ Office
120 Hershey Hall
Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm, unless otherwise noted
Room access for 1020 and 1100 TLSB are administered by:
Available rooms and approximate seating capacities:
- 1000 TLSB-Scholarly Activity Room, Seats up to 12
- 1020 TLSB-Conference Room, Seats up to 14 (KEY CARD ACCESS REQUIRED)
- 1100 TLSB-Conference Room, Seats up to 50 (KEY CARD ACCESS REQUIRED)
- 2100 TLSB-Conference Room, Seats up to 15
- 4100 TLSB-Conference Room, Seats up to 18
- 5100 TLSB-Conference Room, Seats up to 18
These rooms are strictly for meeting/event use and CANNOT be reserved for any courses or classes.
1000 TLSB is the only room usable for office hours.
No other TLSB conference room can be used for office hours.
Failure to meet this above restriction will be means for discontinued usage of ANY TLSB conference/scholarly activity room.
** When scheduling room, please include any set up, prep, breakdown, and clean up time in your reservation time slot. If these are not included in your reservation time slot, it is possible that the room may not be available or accessible.**
First priority for use of LSSA departmental conference rooms and scholarly activity rooms will be for LSSA departmental events (faculty meetings, special departmental seminar presentations, etc.) As stated above, no courses or classes are allowed in any TLSB conference room or scholarly activity room.
In the event that the department has urgent need of the conference/scholarly activity room, the department may “bump” a scheduled group, and will provide as much prior warning as possible. Any group “bumped” will be responsible for finding an alternate meeting site.
The Terasaki Life Sciences Building Conference Room Guidelines can be revised at any given time and any changes made is up to the requester to be knowledgeable of all notes made in these guidelines.
All requests for 1100 TLSB must be made via the 1100 TLSB reservation request form. If day and times are flexible, please add alternative specific dates and specific time blocks in the notes/comments section or in your email.
Please note that if you require a walk-through of the space, LSSA staff must be notified at least two days in advance. Staff is not available for on the spot viewings as staff time may be limited and or room availability. Separate request form may also be required if walk-through time exceeds 10 minutes.
Each individual/group is therefore responsible for leaving the meeting facilities
- clean and neat
- free of food, trash, and the like
- in the original configuration room was set-up upon entering room
Please do not remove furniture from the room.
If food is being provided for your event:
- Designate one person who will be in charge of setup and cleanup.
Email this person’s contact information to LSSAConferenceRoom@lifesci.ucla.edu prior to your scheduled event.
- If food/beverage is being delivered/catered, designee MUST be at the conference room at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled delivery time to meet the delivery personnel.
- NOTE: When scheduling room, please include delivery, serving, and clean up time in your reservation time slot. If these are not included in your reservation time slot, it is possible that the room may not be available or accessible prior and/or after your reservation time.
- (4) All utensils and other catering materials must be provided by the caterer or the designee. LSSA Chairs’ Office will not provide coffee pots, serving utensils, or any other catering/meeting materials unless previously arranged and/or approved by LSSA Chairs’ Office.
- (5) Designee has full responsibility for cleanup immediately following the conclusion of their event.
Use of A/V:
All are strongly urged to schedule a time for a “practice run” or “set up” of their equipment prior to the event. A separate form may be requested for your practice run.
If you need technical assistance for usage of the monitor located in the room, please contact LSSA Computer support.
LSSA does not provide equipment. It is up to the requester to provide their own equipment, do their own set up, etc.
NOTE: “practice run” and/or “set up” time should be included at the time of your reservation time slot. If these are not included in your reservation time slot, it is possible that the room may not be available or accessible prior and/or after your reservation time. If requesting a practice run, a separate form may be requested.
1000 TLSB-Scholarly Activity Room, Television Screen
1020 TLSB-Conference Room, Video Conferencing Capabilities, Television Screen, and Projection Screen
1100 TLSB-Conference Room, Video Conferencing Capabilities, Television Screen, and Projection Screen
2100 TLSB-Conference Room, Television Screen
4100 TLSB-Conference Room, Television Screen
5100 TLSB-Conference Room, Television Screen
Reservations must be cancelled twenty-four (24) hours, prior to your scheduled event. If reservations are cancelled less than 24 hours before the scheduled event, the LSSA Chair’s office reserves the right to refuse future reservation requests.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in restriction of future usage of the Terasaki Life Sciences Building Conference/Scholarly Activity Rooms.
-UCLA LSSA CHAIRS’ OFFICE
Revised April 5, 2017